There’s no dessert as quintessentially American as a pie, and in my opinion, there is no better way to eat my all-time favorite vegetable, pumpkin. The British frequently prefer meat, pork, or seafood pies…hearty fare indeed. Whether you like your pies sweet or savory, I’ve tracked down some of the best pie crust recipes from the fabulous gluten-free community for your tasting pleasure. These are not your grandmother’s pie crusts!
- The Pastry Crust for Gluten a Go Go‘s Chicken Pot Pie combines brown rice flour, chestnut flour, arrowroot powder, sweet rice flour, and chia seed meal.
- Artsy-Foodie‘s Dreamy Mocha Pie has a pie crust of tapioca flour, garbanzo flour, sorghum flour, brown rice flour, and xantham gum.
- For the simple pie crust in her Pumpkin Chiffon Pie, Gluten Free Sox Fan used pecans and GF gingerbread cookies.
- M-Elle’s Pot Pie Crust at Cooking & UNcooking features brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, almond meal, and sweet rice flour.
- The Chocolate Sweet Crust for La Tartine‘s Chocolate and Passion Fruit Tartlets includes white rice flour, quinoa flour, cornstarch, and cocoa powder. And she has gorgeous, gorgeous photographs of this pastry artwork.