My husband’s annual birthday food is gluten free peach cobbler. Sweet, intensely tangy glowing fruit nestles against warm chewy moons of baked dough—it’s a culinary miracle, in my opinion. If cobbler is your favorite dessert as well, I have a treat for you: the luscious inventions (and photographs) of our very own gluten-free blogging community.
- Peach Cobbler (pictured above) by Gluten Free Mommy has a dough that consists of sorghum, almond meal, cornstarch, rice flour, millet, xantham gum, and baking powder.
- Karina’s Kitchen serves up fresh Vegan Blueberry Cobbler with sorghum flour, xantham or guar gum, baking powder, and baking soda.
- At It’s Just Not Dinner Without Cat Hair, I found a delightfully textured Cherry Almond Cobbler with almond meal, sweet rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and xantham gum.
- Gluten Free Adventures presents Apple Cranberry Cobbler with the gluten-free flour of your choice.
- For Thanksgiving at the home of Ginger Lemon Girl, Cranberry Cobbler was served with a dough made from rice flour.
Ingredients like sorghum flour, almond meal, and the different gums might be harder to find. The Grocery Guide lists brands that sell harder-to-find gluten-free baking ingredients.
Which gluten free cobbler are you going to try?