Many people with celiac disease also suffer from lactose intolerance. There are plenty of delicious GFCF recipes out there, but if you’re in the mood for just throwing together entire meals ASAP, here are some in-season suggestions that won’t break the bank:
- Baby artichokes, trimmed and boiled, dipped in olive oil and fresh lemon juice mix; cooked jasmine or basmati rice with chopped fresh herbs; a dollop of hummus; and a handful of dried Black Mission figs.
- Smoothie of 1 banana, a cup of organic strawberries, vanilla soymilk, and a dash of orange juice; salad of lettuce, chopped prunes, 1 shallot, and chopped toasted nuts of your choice with a GF white wine vinegar/oil dressing.
- Stir-fry of asparagus, mushrooms, onion, and red bell pepper, cooked with ketchup and sprinkled with fresh-squeezed orange juice; cooked quinoa mixed with salt and olive oil; seedless grapes.
- Eden 100% buckwheat soba noodles, cooked and rinsed; slices of Asian pear; drained, cubed, and sautéed firm tofu tossed with GF sake and wheat-free soy sauce; steamed chopped Swiss chard with fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
- Fruit salad of blackberries, mango cubes, and strawberries spritzed with lime juice; green beans steamed, tossed with olive oil and GF red wine vinegar, and topped with lazily sautéed onions or shallots; fried polenta slices topped with GF pasta sauce.