Mark your calenders, everyone! Thanks to Safe and Sound Dinners, June 29th you (and your special someone) can safely and luxuriously dine out at Carnivale in Chicago. For $50 per person, you will be treated to appetizers, entrées, and dessert that are completely free of of gluten, eggs, soy, shellfish, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. Carnivale revels in “Authentic Nuevo Latino cuisine” so your menu will be bursting with flavor:
- Appetizers—Guacamole and chips, Ropa Vieja (sweet plaintains, braised beef, spicy mayo)
- Entrees—Arrachera (grilled marinated skirt steak, black beans and rice, sweet onions, chimichurri), Pollo (Guatemalan-style chicken, jalapeno-parsley mojo, potatoes, olives, green beans), or Pernil (rum glazed pork shoulder, Puerto Rican rice and beans, fried plantains)
- Dessert—by Swirlz cupcakes
Carnivale has garnered glowing reviews from Bon Apétit, Chicago, and many other culinary magazines. But at Safe and Sound dinners, you can do more than scarf down delicious food; according to Lisa Williams of LisaCooksAllergenFree.com:
The Safe and Sound Dinner series was designed to be a town square for Chicago’s food allergy community. Members gather at Chicagoland’s hottest restaurant and sample the finest in allergen-free dining. We’ll also discover how to safely cook, dine and shop.
Each Safe and Sound Dinner guest will enjoy:
- A family-style menu that gives diners the opportunity to savor allergen-free fare from some of Chicago’s most popular restaurants, like Carnivale and Da Luciano;
- An opportunity to meet the restaurant’s chef and learn how a kitchen can be transformed into a successful allergen-free operation;
- A gift bag stuffed with tasty, allergen-free treats from the finest names in the business, such as Whole Foods, Peanut Free Planet, and Breads from Anna.
So go here and register, or call (773) 665-0430.