These days many people try to buy products in a socially responsible way. Movements like Buy Local, Go Organic, and Buy Fair Trade have all had their effect, especially on the more affluent parts of the country. But it’s something of a headache to add Gluten-Free to that list, so Triumph Dining has come up with a list of some organic, fair trade (not local, that’s up to you) goodies for you or your gluten-free friends to indulge in, guilt-free. Just remember to recycle the wrapping!
- Simply Organic baking mixes: Banana Bread, Carrot Cake, Chai Spice Scone, Cocoa Biscotti, Cocoa Cayenne Cupcake, and Honeypot Ginger Cookie.
- All Dagoba Organic Chocolate products: chocolate bars, drinking chocolates, baking items, etc.
- Equal Exchange Organic Coffee: Love Buzz, Breakfast Blend, Mind Body and Soul, French Roast, Decaffeinated, Colombian, and Ethiopian. Also all of Equal Exchange’s cocoa and chocolate products are gluten-free, and their tea and sugar are also organic and fair-trade.
- Zebra Mints from Sweet Earth Organic Chocolates.
- Wholesome Sweeteners Raw Honey.
- Pure Fun Candy Canes. Plus pretty much all their other candy.
- Buddha’s Bakery sells vegan, organic, and gluten-free cake, muffin, and frosting mixes. The dates and cocoa in the ingredients are fair trade.
Have we missed socially responsible foods that you love? Tell us all about them.