From the variety and exuberance of gluten free muffin recipes on the Web, one would assume that muffins satisfy us like nothing else. Muffins cook up quickly, come in dozens of flavors and textures, and boy do they make your morning smell like hot, fresh heaven. Here’s your chance to pick the most drool-worthy recipe for <b>gluten free muffins</b> and dig in!
- If you want a one-size-fits-all gluten free muffin recipe, Lilac Kitchen developed a muffin formula that invites tweaking.
- Elana of Elana’s Pantry has muffin recipes coming out of her ears! Try her hearty Bran Muffins with almond flour and flax meal or sink your Hallowe’en fangs into her pumpkin pie muffins made with fresh pumpkin.
- Karina of Karina’s Kitchen also churns out muffins recipes, but to me her vegan Pear Polenta Muffins sound mind-alteringly scrumptious: cornmeal, tapioca starch, rice flour, a mashed banana, fresh chunks of pear, and hemp (or rice) milk.
- Mrs. GF from Recipe for a Gluten-Free Life also uses mashed banana but makes her Banana-Quinoa muffins nuttier by adding quinoa flakes and brown rice flour.
- This seems a good combination to the owner of the gorgous blog La Tartine Gourmande, whose Banana-Coconut muffins hide within their chewy depths hazelnut flour, quinoa flour, buckwheat flour, bananas, grated coconut, and coconut milk.
- Rachel of the Crispy Cook takes the savory route with her Rice and Cheese Muffins. She uses leftover rice, grated cheese, egg, and xantham gum to hold them together for extra munchability.
- The Gluten Free Mommy whipped up Carrot-Zucchini muffins with a yummy streusel topping from I Am Gluten Free. She uses sorghum, tapioca, and white rice flours with xantham gum, yogurt, butter, and eggs. A lactose-intolerant reader substituted applesauce for the yogurt and it turned out great.
- My favorite muffins are blueberry, and Shauna, the Gluten-Free Girl, has a doozy of a recipe for people like me. Her Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Zest are made with sorghum flour, tapioca flour and white rice flour with the addition of baking soda, baking powder, and yogurt. Plus a load of blueberries.
Which gluten free muffins are you going to try?