To celebrate Celiac Awareness Month, ARAMARK, a food service company that manages concessions at sports and entertainment venues around the world, sent out a press release explaining where gluten-free food can be found at MLB parks they manage in the U.S. Redbridge gluten-free beer began popping up at some parks last year, followed by gluten-free food options in some areas. This year, baseball fans have even more options at more parks around the country.
Excerpt from Aramark Press Release:
In recognition of May as National Celiac Awareness Month, ARAMARK the food and beverage partner for 12 – is proud to reaffirm its commitment to making gluten-free fare more accessible to fans with . ARAMARK has been at the forefront of this movement, debuting what is believed to be baseball’s first dedicated gluten-free concessions stand at in Denver during the 2009 season. This was quickly followed by a standalone location at Atlanta’s .
The following parks that ARAMARK manages concessions for have gluten-free food options for the 2010 MLB season. This is pretty exciting news!
- Citi Field (World’s Fare Market): Hot dog and hamburger on gluten-free bun, gluten-free snacks, gluten-free beer.
- Citizens Bank Park (Section 128): Hot dog on gluten-free bun, gluten-free beer.
- Coors Field (Section 143): Hot dog, hamburger and chicken sandwich on gluten-free bun, potato chips, cookies and brownies, gluten-free beer.
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Charm City Market): Gluten-free crab cake, Asian noodle salad, hummus and vegetables, hot dog and sausage on gluten-free bun, gluten-free beer.
- Turner Field (Section 112): Grilled sirloin burger served on tapioca-organic rice roll, hot dog on gluten-free bun, potato chips and popcorn, cookies and brownies, gluten-free beer.
The Aramark press release states that baseball fans that visit other parks they manage can call those parks to find out what food options might suit their dietary needs. Just because there is not a gluten-free food stand or cart in your park, doesn’t mean you can’t find something safe to eat. During most of the MLB season last year, Braves fans enjoyed peanuts, popcorn, ice cream and lemon ice. For information about the 14 MLB teams and 10 minor league teams ARAMARK parnters with, visit ballparkfoods.com.
Levy Restaurants also compiled this list of gluten-free offerings at MLB parks they manage, per my request.
U.S. Cellular – (Premium Dining Only – Club Level and suites)
- Food Should Taste Good – Tortilla Chips (flavors are: Sweet Potato, Jalapeño, Multi-Grain and Olive) located at South Side Grills — Sections 328 & 348
- Red Bridge Beer located at LG Skyline Bar — Section 354 and also located in the above South Side Grills — Sections 328 & 348
- Niman Ranch Sausages (Apple-Gouda, Chipotle and Cheddar, & Spicy Italian Sausages) located at the Niman Ranch Portable —- Rotates between the two sections (318 & 342)
PNC Park – (Premium Dining Only – Club Level and suites)
- Redbridge Beer — located at Gunners bar on PBC Level
- Utz potato chips (flavors are: Regular, BBQ & Sour Cream & Onion) — available at Gunners bar on PBC level
- Gummy Bears and Tangy Worms — located at the Soft Serve Ice Cream stand by Gunners Bar on PBC level
- Mango Green Tea Slushy — available at Bucs Wok Concession stand on PBC Level
Wrigley Field – (both premium and concessions)
- Red Bridge Beer — located at the Brew House locations on lower left field concourse, upper deck patio and the bleacher patio, also located at Sheffield Grill at the main level right field concourse
- Pistachios — located at various Frosty Cold Beer portables throughout the park as well as the Brew House located on lower left field concourse and vended in the seats
- Gummy Bears — located at the Brew House on the lower left field concourse and Sheffield Grill at the main level right field concourse
Dodgers Stadium (both premium and concessions)
- California Chips (flavors are: Honey BBQ and Sea Salt) — located at all Dodger Dog locations throughout the park, Campy’s Corner in section 204, Canter’s Deli in section 247, Wetzel Pretzel’s in section 738 and the Healthy Cart located on the club level
- Mr. Krispers (flavors are: BBQ, Sea Salt and Sour Cream & Onion) — located at Campy’s Corner in section 204 and 205 and the Healthy Cart located on the club level
- Gummy Bears — located at Campy’s Corner in section 204 and 205 and the Healthy Cart located on the club level
- Red Bridge Beer — located at Campy’s Corner in section 204 and 205 the Healthy Cart located on the club level
Chase Field (both premium and concessions)
- Lara Bars (flavors are: Apple Pie, Cherry Pie and Cashew Cookie) — available at Doubleheader Stands at sections 114, 129, 316 and 324
- Gluten Free Chips (flavors are: Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream) — available at Doubleheader Stands at sections 114, 129, 316 and 324
- Red Bridge Beer — located at Liquor Bars at sections 115, 121, 129 and 323
- Nationals Park (both premium and concessions)
- Pretzels and Red Bridge Beer — located at NJ’s pretzel concession stand in section 106
*Nationals is also finalizing a variety of gluten-free snack options that will be introduced next week at the Healthy Plate Portable located at Section 111
The fact that some major sports stadium food service companies are making accommodations for all fans is definitely a step in the right direction. This is probably the most exciting Celiac Awareness Month ever. From gluten-free Bisquick and Hamburger Helper rolling out soon nationwide to being able to enjoy an American past time like a hot dog at a baseball game – it’s all good!