I’m not sure if Santa has celiac disease or not – statistically speaking, he might. What torture! To visit millions of homes and be confronted with billions of cookies he can’t have.
If you’re counting on a visit from the ol’ Saint Nick tonight, you might want earn some brownie points (pun intended) and offer him some gluten-free cookies just in case. Otherwise, he’s stuck eating the carrot sticks – and then what’s left for the reindeer?
Here are some gluten-free Christmas cookies bound to make Mrs. Claus red with envy:
- Gluten-free Vanilla Shortbread Cookies from Tartelette
- Christmas Chocolate Bark with cranberries, pistachios and sea salt from Elana’s Pantry
- Twelve kinds of Gluten-free Christmas Cookies compiled by She Let Them Eat Cake
- Gluten-free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies from the Baking Beauties
- Gluten-free M&M Cookie Mix in a Jar if you want Santa to make his own gosh-darn cookies, from Off the Wheaten Path
If you’re stuck for gluten-free ingredients, take a quick peek through the grocery guide to find what’s safe. And if you’re stuck for time – well, there’s plenty of listings for gluten-free cookies in there, too.
Are you leaving gluten-free cookies out for Santa tonight? If so, send me a picture of the plate at triumphemily – at – gmail.com.
A very merry Christmas to all!