If you haven’t done so yet, now is an excellent time to plant a (gluten-free) kitchen garden.
There are plenty of reasons to make time for gardening, whether you’re growing things on a part of your yard or in some pots on your fire escape. Some of my favorite reasons:
- plants are pretty! Who doesn’t love more greenery?
- it’s (relatively) cheap! There’s always a way to make hobbies expensive, but you can grow a few plants for much less than it would cost you to buy them in the store
- the plant does all the hard work, you reap all the benefit
- you’ll know exactly what you’re eating and where it came from
- you’ll totally get the locavore badge for your Girl (or Boy) Scout sash