On my flight home from Seattle I caught up on my cooking magazines. And as soon as I’ve sorted through the backlog mail that comes with being out of town, I’m going to make these muffins, courtesy of Bon Appetit magazine.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups plus 1 Tbsp. gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger
- 1½ cups fresh (or frozen, thawed) raspberries
- Coat 2 standard 6-cup muffin pans with nonstick spray.
- Whisk baking powder, salt, and 1½ cups flour in a medium bowl.
- Whisk egg, brown sugar, butter, milk, and ginger in a large bowl; mix in dry ingredients.
- Toss raspberries with remaining 1 Tbsp. flour in a small bowl; gently fold into batter.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 25–30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes in pan before serving.
Muffins can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.