This is a good recipe for those of you who miss traditionally sweet, moist carrot cake. This carrot coconut bread is less sweet because it relies more on fruit than white sugar, so we’re baking it in a loaf pan and calling it bread. This carrot coconut bread recipe makes two loaves.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 9 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups carrots, finely grated
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2¼ teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups gluten-free Cup 4 Cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine chia seeds and water together in a medium bowl. Mix well, then let sit for 15 minutes.
- Combine sugar, chia mixture, carrots, and banana in a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix well. Add sugar mixture to flour mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Transfer to two loaf pans.
- Bake for one hour or until bread is set.
- Remove from oven. Set aside to cool before eating.