Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, but Celiac Disease can throw a wrench in the gears, making many traditional breakfast choices off-limits. Here are some quick, tasty 100% gluten free ideas you might not have considered to help you get your day started on the right track:
- Vans wheat-free waffles (they have six varieties). Great topped with pure maple syrup, chopped fruit and pecans, or canned peaches and cottage cheese. Or for a heartier breakfast, scramble eggs with your leftovers from dinner and add two waffles to make a breakfast sandwich.
- Gluten-free oatmeal I cook oatmeal with milk and raisins or prunes and then top it with blanched almonds, walnuts, and chopped apples.
- Cream of rice These are great cooked with any dried fruit.
- Gluten-free cereal (Rice Chex or Nature’s Path). Try them with soy milk, almond milk, or French vanilla-flavored yogurt. Top with sunny sliced bananas for added heft and sweetness.
- Yogurt with gluten-free granola (Trader Joe’s or Bakery on Main). In a tall glass, layer fresh berries, yogurt, granola, and a few sprigs of fresh mint for an attractive breakfast parfait.